Sunday, December 27, 2015

Help! I need a quote from Frankenstein to prove that Victor is egotistical.

How about:  "I paused, examining and analysing all the minutiae causation, as exemplified in the change from life to death, and death to life, until from the midst of this darkness a sudden light broke in upon me--a light so brilliant and wonderous, yet so simple, that while I became dizzy with the immensity of the prospect which is illustrated, I was surprised that among so many men of genius, who had directed their inquiries towards the same science, that I alone should be reserved to discover so astonishing a secret."

"I succeeded in discovering the cause of generation and life; nay, more, I became myself capable of bestowing animation upon lifeless matter."

"Life and death appeared to me ideal bounds, which I should first break through, and pour a torrent of light into our dark world.  A new species would bless me as its creator and source; many happy and excellent natures would owe their being to me.  No father could claim in gratitude of his child so completely as I should deserve theirs."

All of these quotes are located in Chapter III, just after Victor arrives at university in Ingolstadt and before he creates his creature.

Good Luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Act III, scene 2, why may the establishment of Claudius's guilt be considered the crisis of the revenge plot?

The crisis of a drama usually proceeds and leads to the climax.  In Shakespeare's Hamlet , the proof that Claudius is guilty...