Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I have hemochromatosis. Are there any herbs I can take to lower my iron level?

Hello :) I have the same disease and have lots of info for you. I take vitamins and minerals everyday to help block and drop my iron count.I had the Phelbotomy done every week for 5 months and have been dropped down enough to be checked once a month. My list of vitamins I was given is as follows:


200mcg Selenium


Vitamin B complex


800mcg Folic acid


30mg zinc


300mg Grape seed skin extract


120mg Ginkgo extract


1,000mg Aged garlic extract


500mg Alpha-Lipoic acid


60mg Palm-oil Tocotrienols


600mg N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC)


300mg Elemental Calcium with each meal


500mg Elemental Magnesium


500mg Silymarin Extract (containing a high % of Silbinin)


1,200mg Green tea extract ( 95 % with most meals with a 100mg of EGCG ) i take 3 pills each time I have a meal.


3mg of Melatonin @ bedtime


260mg Milk thistle ( I have been taking 1,000 mg 3 times a day)



I take most of them everyday. I have tried to only take at least half the list due to in a year I will have to change to the others. Your ferritin will become immune to them after a year so you have to keep changing back and forth. I hope this note to you does not come to you to late,I have more information on Facebook look for " Hemochromatosis awerness" I made the page for my dad when he was diagnosed with this disease. I have been fighting it myself since November of 2011.


Good Luck to you in your road to better health with this disease:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Act III, scene 2, why may the establishment of Claudius's guilt be considered the crisis of the revenge plot?

The crisis of a drama usually proceeds and leads to the climax.  In Shakespeare's Hamlet , the proof that Claudius is guilty...